On family gatherings, Grandma will bring her cheese and bacon cob dip and everyone would be asking for more! Quick and easy recipe perfect for around the campfire.
- 500g cob loaf
- Cut 4cm off top of cob loaf to form lid. Scoop bread from centre of loaf, leaving 1.5cm edge. Tear or roughly chop bread pieces.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon is browned and onion has softened. Remove from heat.
- Add chives to bacon mixture. Stir in creamed cheese. Mix until combined. Add cream, sour cream and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into loaf. Arrange lid, bread pieces in a single layer around loaf.
- Sprinkle top of dip with extra chives. Serve warm.
Recipe from Taste