Easy and a perfect desert for camping, no oven needed to bake. Always a hit with the kids.
- 3/4 cup (155g) brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (185ml) milk
- Combine 2 cups (500ml) water, brown sugar, 1/4 cup (60ml) golden syrup and 50g butter in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until melted.Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, use your fingertips to rub in 50g butter into flour. Combine milk and 1 tablespoon golden syrup. Stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Bring the sauce to the boil then drop heaped dessert spoonfuls of the mixture into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with long life cream and enjoy 🙂