New Compact model for 2019 !
- New and improved kitchen with easy slide drawers
- New water pump with pressure switch
- New 200 watt Solar / demountable option
- Easier access to battery compartment
- Improved S/S hot plate
- More basin mounting options
Design and Construction
The Companion Slide On has been designed using the latest modelling computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) in minutia detail. It is constructed to the highest engineering standards, built with high-quality marine grade aluminium, and utilises the latest rivet and adhesive construction.
The Companion Slide On is suitable for most flat utility trays, comes with removable jack legs and will easily fit in a standard single garage.
Take a look at just some of the Companion Compact Slide On’s features:
- Slide On all proudly Australian made
- Dust proof, waterproof and corrosion resistant
- Lightweight marine grade aluminium with rivet and adhesive construction
- 55% lighter than conventional slide ons campers with no loss of strength
- Easy to clean as accessories not exposed
- Road tested in extreme conditions
- Low and compact for easy access to height restriction areas or multi-storey carparks
- Unique lift up tailgate
- Easy access to a low bed
- Four heavy duty removable jack legs for easy removal from your utility tray top
- Optional huge dust proof front storage box if you have the extra tray room
- Front Storage Box has storage capacity of 821 litres
- Great for storing bulky items like toilets, prams, extra fridge, generator, BBQ, dogs, tradesman tool box, to name a few examples
- Can be fixed permanently to the utility tray or Compact camper
“We both felt that the wide steps and comparatively low bed were better than most slide ons, and certainly made it easier and softer for getting in and out in the middle of the night. We took the camper off the ute and set it up on its legs over the Easter period, which we would tend to do at any time when we were not travelling camping (different campsite very night). I was pleasantly surprised at its stability and also the ease of reversing back under it when it came time to leave.”
Testimonial from Terry Joy.
Easy to set up
The best-selling Easy Tent Top is a true one-person loading/set up tent.
Our clever patented Easy Tent relies on our integrated poles technology for strength, quick set up and easy pack up. You simply park, swing away the framed dust cover for a quick awning over the kitchen, pull out the tent, and lock into place. It’s that easy!
Take a look at these other great features:
- A one-person easy loading tent that you can set up and pack up without assistance
- Set up in minutes, leaving you to relax and enjoy your holiday
- Less weight, more floor area than a hard floor
- Wheelchair friendly
- No more untangling and setting up guy ropes
- No more time wasted in hammering pegs
- Imagine camping wherever you desire; even on impenetrable or sandy ground
- No need to make adjustments on the legs so the floor meets the ground
- Remarkably rigid and strong and proven to withstand windy and gusty conditions
- Relocatable and free-standing framed road cover provides alternative living zones
- More people? Add a unique room extension for an instant space
- Authentic Australian-made proofed 508gsm heavy duty canvas for ultimate comfort
- UV light block-out canvas that is water resistant and rapid drying
- Roof has excellent water run-off
- Tent work is double stitched & reinforced at stress points for longevity and greater sealing
- Tear-resistant canvas saves you time and money in fix-ups and repairs
- Unique self-cleaning floor mechanism: no need to sweep ever again!
- Tent roof and walls all totally Australian Made & guaranteed to withstand Australian conditions
- Endorsed by the Australian Manufacturers Camper Trailer Guild
- The Awning is a design exclusive to Cameron: no pegs or guy ropes needed
Click on the videos below to see how quick and easy it is to take off the road cover, set up and pack up the Easy Tent.
Firstly, you need to take off the Road Cover;
“The best thing is, it is so easy to put up and collapse. We are in our early seventies and can handle the Easy Tent with ease.”
Testimonial from Peter Roodhouse
“Survived category 2 cyclone with our annexe up, no problems or breakages.”
Testimonial from Mike & Lyn
“After a hard day of dust and corrugations the last thing you need is to be assembling poles and bashing in pegs, thanks to your ‘Easy’ design, Hilary and I were able to set up our camper and relax with a cold beer/wine in less than 10 minutes.”
Testimonial from Chris and Hilary Keeley.
All the features you want
Apart from its rugged good looks, the Companion Slide On comes with a raft of innovative features to make your next camping experience as comfortable as possible. And, while everything about the Companion Slide On says ‘Yes’, there’s a lot you should ‘No’ about as well.
- No need to look for flat level ground or for an area that can take pegs
- No more fumbling for guy ropes and poles
- No looking for lost pegs or that elusive hammer
- No need to work out how to set up the tent as there is simply no poles to connect and to install!
- No more sore thumbs or frayed tempers
- Simply pull out the tent and lock into place.
The Companion Slide On’s easy set up means you get more time to discover and explore. The innovative Easy Tent allows you to stay comfortable and dry with genuine, heavy-duty Australian made canvas.
There’s also three midee mesh windows and three fly meshed doors for ultimate ventilation designed to keep you cool. UV light block-out canvas means sleeps-ins are possible while providing maximum privacy from neighbours with the framed window awning.
Access to a low queen sized bed is via a three-rung aluminium step that needs no lifting. There are ample storage spaces and shelves for packing away items, and it even comes with a self-cleaning floor!
Check out the Companion’s other innovative features:
- Clever, functional, stainless steel kitchen that’s easier to clean, corrosion resistant, and quickly accessible for those hungry roadside stops
- 30-litre draw fridge with CoolMatic technology to store perishable food items and keep drinks cold
- Highest performance wok cooker with large dual burners and wind protection
- Unique Cameron Campers design steel BBQ hot plate with generous cooking surface area
- Hardwired LED lighting illuminates the kitchen workspace instantly
- Efficient inside LED lighting for excellent illumination and lifetime warranty
- Fingertip control of lighting and display water level gauge
- 12v socket and USB port cleverly incorporated into the kitchen dashboard (your phone will never need to go flat again!)
- Accessible manual control of pump switching allows easy and instant water delivery
- Comfortable queen sized innerspring mattress with pillow top for a blissful night sleep
- Generous wide steps to easily reach a low queen sized bed
- Accessible bedside compartments and shelves, perfect for items like clothing, iPads and phones
- Large lockable and easy slide drawer for clothes, shoes and other items
Customise the way you want
There’s not much we haven’t thought of when creating the Companion Slide On. It’s specially designed for luxury, comfort and convenience. However, there is a range of packages that allow you to customise your Companion Slide On to suit your camping preferences.
- Need more storage? Add a front storage box for dust free secure storage of bulky items like chemical toilets, prams, second extra fridge, generator, BBQ, tradesman tool box, the applications truly are endless.
- Love to entertain? You can add a large awning or annexe to create a huge entertainment area to delight family and friends. How about an instant fully enclosed room for even more space?
- Fancy sleeping under the stars but don’t like roughing it? With the Ultimate Ventilation package, you can gaze through the moon roof across the Southern Cross and night sky.
- Safety hand rails for steps
- And if camping among the masses is not for you, get away from it all with your own independent and portable energy system.
Take a look at our range of packages and choose an option that’s right for you.
All Slide On Campers use the powder coating process because of its durability, longevity, great looks, and resistance to Australia’s harshest environmental conditions.
Powder coating is a process whereby a type of coating is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder that is then cured under heat to allow it to flow onto the component and form a “skin” that creates a hard finish much tougher than conventional paint.
Why choose a Cameron?
“All in all we like it, are happy with our purchase, and appreciate those features which make life a little easier than in the past. From my point of view, I go camping to be out in the bush, experience new places and sights and spend time absorbing nature and these things that make life worthwhile.”
Testimonial from Terry Joy & Trudye Hector
There are many reasons why Cameron Campers are the best. Click on the links below to find out why.
You can trust your Cameron Slide On Camper for its build quality, reliability and safety.
Cameron Campers and Canvas’ accreditation and more than 40 years of canvas and trailer manufacturing experience give you the peace of mind that you’re purchasing a quality, Australian-made product designed specifically to withstand our country’s extreme conditions.
We stand by our name with a five-year manufacturer’s warranty. We don’t just put our name on our campers; we put our heart into it because handcrafting enduring campers is our passion.
Cameron Campers and Canvas is a proud member of the Australian Manufactured Camper Trailer Guild (AMCTG), established in 2011 and only includes Australian leaders of Camper Trailer Manufacturers.
All members of the guild are subjected to engineering compliance to Australian Standards. They confirm that their complete manufacturing process is carried out in Australia using the very best materials and applies to the Chassis, Body, Suspension, Tent and Canvas…guaranteed!
We are also proud member of the Caravan Industry Association of Australia’s Recreational Vehicle Manufacturing Accreditation Program. We guarantee that the recreational vehicle you are purchasing is manufactured to comply with the Australian Standards & Safety Regulations and is designed to meet our harsh climate and conditions.
The AUSBUY endorsement establishes that our products that wholly Australian made. Buying from us means you can have confidence in the quality of our products at the best possible price, backed up with direct after sales service. It also means that you can make further improvements to your camper, it can be repaired by us, and replacement parts are readily obtainable.