Both adults and kids love Auntie Jan’s Tuna Mornay. Quick and easy to make. Perfect for those times when you set up camp late and need to feed kids in a hurry.
Feeds 4 people, simply double the recipe to feed 8.
- One tin of tuna of brine
- One onion
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Fresh or tinned corn
- Dried or frozen peas
- Grated cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1-3 tablespoons of flour
- Cornflakes (optional)
- Dice onion and fry in pan with butter until soft.
- Add the flour with the onion with extra butter and mix (don’t burn).
- Add in the milk, corn, peas and stir.
- Add in the tinned tuna and stir over gentle heat.
- Add in the sour cream and grated cheese.
- Serve with cornflakes sprinkled on top (optional) with rice or pasta.